1 cup grated carrots
1 costco size tray of ground turkey (2 lbs?)
1 8 oz can of chopped water chestnuts, drained
3 garlic cloves, minced (I just use garlic press)
2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger (Heidi says powder is great too if you don't have fresh on hand)
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (I usually use Yoshida's instead since that is what I typically have on hand)
3 Tbs. creamy peanut butter
1 Tbs. sesame oil
1 Tbs rice vinegar
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup green onions
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (if you like spice...I usually omit for the kids sake:))
iceberg lettuce-wash and separate leaves
Cook turkey til browned. Add carrots and all other ingredients except green onion and red pepper flakes. Cook on medium high for 4-5 minutes. Add green onion and pepper flakes. Serve in lettuce leaf, a large spoonful in each leaf.
(I got this recipe from Heidi and tweaked it a little. Ask her if you want the original:). It has become one of our weekly staples since I can always make it in a pinch. Enjoy!)
No comments:
Post a Comment